Fresh Start

Dear Reader,

Happy New Year!  I hope that you had a wonderful celebration of the holidays and are finding your way back to some welcome routines to begin this year.

I must tell you that I love the beginning of January.  (The end of January is less than my favorite with its cold, snowy weather and gray days.  I'm choosing to ignore this coming reality for now.)  I love that something as predictable as the annual start of a new calendar year somehow jolts me into dreaming, living in possibilities, setting goals, and imagining the outcomes.

After the busyness of holiday time, the moments of celebrating relationships and the reflecting on the year that has concluded, what a wonderfully fresh start in the quiet of January to take up new tasks and look forward to what is ahead.  We also approach the holiday of Epiphany, a great reminder that God sends us - as with the Wise Men - on unexpected routes home.  And so we too may come to expect surprise in the what the year will bring.

In taking a bit of time off, I realized how much I enjoy blogging here.   I hope to continue considering how I am inspired in the everyday of life.  And one of my many goals of the year is to infuse fresh thoughts and ideas into the posts you read here.  Please join me.

Sincerely,
Abi

No comments:

Post a Comment