Party with Pinwheels

Dear Reader,

I loved the amount of relaxation that came with this weekend.  My husband, son, and I had a nice balance of time spent with both sides of our family as well as some memorable moments with just the three of us.  Along with celebrating the 4th over the weekend, we had my husband's family over for dinner to celebrate my son's 4th birthday AND my mother-in-law's birthday (which she didn't expect to celebrate this weekend - surprise!)  How delightful to have so many reasons to be merry!

I rather enjoy hosting parties, and I often aim to try a new craft for one of the decorations.  For this occasion I made pinwheels using Emily's tutorial from jones design company (her tutorials inspire me enough to attempt them!)   I made a few tweaks by using ribbon to wrap the pencils and two-sided scrapbook papers (which matched nicely with the party napkins.)  I am so pleased with how they turned out.  I filled some parfait glasses with sand, and these pinwheels acted as a fun and festive centerpiece for the party.




Although the details of a party are sometimes worth a mention, I truly hope that my mother-in-law and my son both felt fully celebrated by our family this weekend.  My mother-in-law is such a giving, kind woman, and our family is so blessed to have her in our lives.  My son is truly my husband's and my delight, and we are overwhelmed by the gift that he is to us!

I hope that today is a lovely day for you.  Thanks for reading.




2 comments:

  1. i love the pin wheels. thanks for the tutorial info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure they were blessed by all you did! Those pinwheels are so cute!

    ReplyDelete